Website

Website
Visit Noree's website

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday Teaser #2

Whew, I'm getting this in right under the clock!

On Tuesdays I post a teaser in my current WIP (I got this from M.R. Graham at Qui Est In Literis). I invite all my writer buddies to join in.

The rules:
Post a link, image, quote, or excerpt related to or taken from your current WIP.
State the name of the WIP.
Do NOT explain yourself! Resist the urge to wax poetic. This is a hint, not an outline.

Dreams in Digital

A shadow passed over me, blocking out the dying light for a breath’s time. I turned, shading my eyes with my hand and gulped at the creature hovering in the air above me. It had the head and body of a lion with large bat like wings extending from behind its shoulder blades. Two rams horns rose up from the golden mane that crowned its head and a scorpion tail whipped back and forth in the air behind it. 

“A manticore?” I croaked out. “Whoever created this must be a hardcore fantasy fan.”

With a roar that overtook any other noise, the manticore flapped up and swooped down in a dive bomb aimed directly at me.

2 comments: