Website

Website
Visit Noree's website

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Look Challenge

I've been tagged in the "Look Challenge" by Brandon Luffman. Here's the way it works: You take your current manuscript and find the first instance of the word “look”. Then you post the surrounding paragraphs as an excerpt of the book on your blog. Lastly, you tag five more blogging authors who you think would be a good choice for the game.

Since, I have gone back to editing "A Prescription for Delirium" and this would be a great time to give people a snippet, that's what you're getting. Amusingly enough, it was the first page of the first chapter.


            Not five minutes in this backwater town and I had a demon sniffing my trail. He scanned the room with the nostrils of his wide nose flaring. His hair plastered against his forehead in greasy brown locks. He towered over everyone else, even the people standing, as he squeezed between the large round tables and the gathering at the bar. The frayed threads of his jeans and his leather vest matched the dress of the rest of the roadhouse.
I lifted my drink to my mouth and shifted to my second sight. Most people say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Those people can’t see auras. The lights on the walls dimmed and the air took on a gray haze, like I was looking at things under water. Colors bloomed out from each human in the building, blending together in a rainbow. The demon was another matter.
 The shaggy black dog the size of a pony stood semi-imposed on all fours over the form of the man. Flames blazed from its eyes as it scanned the room. Was there really a dog walking through a busy Texas bar? No. Demons had no corporeal form and had to possess physical bodies. This one chose a werewolf. Dio, I had a hellhound on my ass.
Talk about bad timing. I came here to kill a devil though. Ose already had some of his minions patrolling. If it found me, it would go running to its master to let him know I was in town. My hunt was in danger of ending before it even started.
Breathe Gabby.

"A Prescription for Delirium" is scheduled for release on December 1st. Coming Very Soon: my website where you'll be able to sign up for a newsletter that will have great giveaways and fun stuff as well as news on my works. Anyway, my chosen five authors are:





10 comments:

  1. I am all over this like cheese on macaroni.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to prove to be an excellent book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks, Noree! Love it. I'll get on it soon :)

    I love your excerpt. Very intrigued by what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Noree. Agree: very intriguing snippet. Look forward to reading more. I'll get on this asap. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great read - I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to have my website up by the end of the next week. I'll have release news up there.

      Delete