Website

Website
Visit Noree's website

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday Teaser #14

On Tuesdays I post a teaser for my current work in progress along with my friend M.R. Graham. I invite my writer friends to join in. If you do, post a link in the comments.

The rules:
Post a link, image, quote, or excerpt related to or taken from your current WIP.
State the name of the WIP.
Do NOT explain yourself! Resist the urge to wax poetic. This is a hint, not an outline.

ALCHEMY

“You can call me Bastian. I’m not sure who your father is, but I can take a few guesses.” His hooded gaze traveled over my face, and down my body, causing heat to rush through my face. “The real question is who and what are you?”

“Are you blind or daft? I’m a girl.” My chest churned with feelings I didn’t understand causing my voice to take a sharp waspish tone. “My father is Santiago Delarey, lord of this manor, which you should know, unless you are some thief.”

“Oh, I can see you’re a girl. Not many people I know sleep in…sarcophagi, if that’s what this thing is,” he said.

He ran his hand along the dimly lit runic inscribing that lined the lip of my stone capsule. Wisps of mist from the alchemical formula my father added dissipated in the air as the drifted up around me. The worried look on Father’s face when he placed me here flashed through my mind. He’d promised to wake me soon. I pulled my white shift over my legs as I lifted my chin to meet his gaze.


No comments:

Post a Comment