Website

Website
Visit Noree's website

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: THE SIN COLLECTOR: THOMAS


A while back, I posted a review of the first novel The Sin Collector as well as an interview with the author, the lovely @JessFortunato. She posted a vote on her website for which character we would want to see a short story of. Thomas won the hearts of many and here is his story. This is an ARC I received for a fair review.


Premise: Thomas is a short story based on one of the most beloved characters from Book One of The Sin Collector Series.
"Thomas has taken vows. As an immortal, he is impervious to harm on the battlefield. As a Collector, he alone can take away the sins of the fallen and allow them to move peacefully into the next life.
But valor never comes without sacrifice.

Far away from combat is his home, and her name is Lucy. Lucy is a human and frail from the explosion that nearly took her life, but Thomas’s duty pulls him from her before she can recover. His letters are his only connection to her, and to her caretaker, Thomas’s best friend Emmilina."

Every character is a person, and they have led entire lives before the main story even begins. This is the history of Thomas


The Good:

Characters: I loved Thomas from the first book, The Sin Collector. I was excited to see what history made Thomas into the man he was. I was not let down. We get to see Thomas struggle between love and duty. You got a real feeling for him and the other characters. I'm hoping to see more of Emmilina in later books.

Pacing: I love fast paced books and this one did not disappoint. Since it was a short story, I devoured it in one night but it still left me thinking about the story days later.

Story: Though this was really a character driven story, it moved me. It answered some questions from the first book, but new ones arose. I look forward to reading the next installment.

The Bad:

There were a couple of POV shifts and phrasing that could have been better, but over all I think I noticed them more because I am in the middle of editing my own story. 

Overall: 

This book is worth it. The Sin Collector: Thomas comes out on July, 20th. So if you haven't read the first book, why not pick it up in preparation? The Sin Collector can be found here.


2 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard of this series before but it sounds intriguing! Thanks for the review! :D

    ReplyDelete