Website

Website
Visit Noree's website

Monday, April 23, 2012

Eclipse



So, many of you are wondering why I named this blog Trip the Eclipse. Well maybe not, but I’m going to tell you anyway.

I have always loved the word eclipse. I have used it often in many of my online handles, like Twitter for example (@velveteclipse if you want to follow me). Now, I have decided to use the word Eclipse to refer to the world of spirits in my books.

Wikipedia states: “An eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when an astronomical object is temporarily obscured, either by passing into the shadow of another body or by having another body pass between it and the viewer.”

In my book there are two parts to the Eclipse. There is the Upper Eclipse, where the Material Universe obscures Hell. This area is home to spirits of the higher order such as old gods of different pantheons. The Lower Eclipse where the Material Universe obscures heaven. This area is home to spirits such as darker gods, malevolent spirits, and ghosts.

 
This is a rough sketch I made of my cosmology. 

Spirits play a major part in my story. Many of them are the driving forces behind the characters. These spirits have the capacity to gift humans with their powers. This creates a connection strong enough for possible possession.

So, to trip the Eclipse is to enter my world. Welcome. I hope to continue to entertain you.

2 comments: