Website

Website
Visit Noree's website

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Slump

I have hit my midway slump in my novel. Maybe because of this, or because of other things in my life I am feeling unimaginative, and just kind of bleh. I've been looking at things to pull myself through it, reading, inspirations, ect. I know I just need to sit down and do it.

I've heard meditation helps focus. So, starting Monday I'm going to sit down, meditate, and write. I still want to have this draft done by the end of summer.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan. I actually took a few days off from writing altogether a couple of weeks ago, and that helped me a lot. By the end I was gagging to start writing again. Take care not to burn yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know a great way to unclog a brain block when you're writing something? Write something else. Get away from your project and begin writing a short story, poem or whatever. You'll keep your mind working creatively and your subconscious may possibly kick out of the slump it's in on your book. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete